Choose your model number for the instruction manual.
If you do not see your Arbutus watch model listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read carefully before use
By following the instruction manual, you will be able to fully enjoy your Arbutus watch for a longer period of time. Please consult our team at email@example.com if there are any concerns.
Arbutus watch is a complicated technical instrument, which must be handled with care. Your watch will function reliably and precisely if you:
- Avoid making any time adjustments between 8:00pm and 4:00am (your local time). During this time slot, several pieces are changing, therefore any external interference may damage the movement. To find out whether the hands indicate noon or midnight, just turn the crown until the date changes.
- Protect the watch by avoiding drops, knocks or heavy shaking
- Have it cleaned, lubricated and adjusted every 2 to 3 years (not covered under warranty)
- Avoid exposure to strong fluctuations in temperature
- Avoid wearing it for any sports activities such as tennis, swimming, basketball etc.
When "30M W/R" is marked on the case back of your watch, this means the watch is resistant to water at depths of 30 meters (50M = 50 meters, 100M = 100 meters). If there is no such marking, the watch is only shower proof and under no circumstances should the watch be put under water. (Please refer to the water resistance chart below). Regardless of the water resistance level, your watch should not be worn under high mist environment such as saunas or steam rooms. If the watch is damaged by water leakages, please contact our service team.
- To maintain water resistance, do no press any buttons or pull out the crown under water
- After use in salt water, gently use a damp cloth to wipe clean and dry
- Do not adjust the crown in water
If your watch has a screw-down crown, you have additional assurance it will remain watertight. To make the crown operational, it must be turned counter-clockwise until the treads are disengaged. Then follow Operation Instruction below. To reseal the crown, press in and turn clockwise until threads engage.
Notice for Usage and Maintenance
- Avoid wearing the watch in an environment that is above 60C or below -10C for prolonged periods.
- Avoid exposing the leather strap to water or strong light for prolonged periods. Leather is not waterproof.
- Avoid direct contact with any kinds of solvents, detergents, perfume, cosmetics and other chemicals.
- If the watch comes in contact with seawater, do not operate the crown until the watch is fully clean with clean damp cloth.
- Do not wear the watch when taking a hot shower, sauna, steam room or bath as the watertight rubber rung expands in heat and contracts in the cold, which may produce a gap that can accelerate its wearing-out, causing leakage and collection of water; severely damaging the movement of the watch
- The adjusting crown should be kept at a normal position at all times. For a screw-down crown, it should be tightened. If it is wet or stained, clean it before adjusting, preventing water and dust from getting in the watch. Ordinary crown should be pushed back to their original position, whereas screw-down crown should be fully tightened.
- We recommend that you have your Arbutus watch checked by authorized agents only